Get Repped Now Returns!
October 2 – Nov. 5, 2017
Watch this page and our blog for announcements
NEWSFLASH! Previous finalist script FINDING MARLOWE by Louise Ransil has been set up at the CW as a series. Check out the Deadline Hollywood story here.
Welcome to Coverage Ink’s GET REPPED NOW! where we make careers happen and introduce you to top literary representatives. We’ve gotten dozens of writers read by our management panel, which has resulted in meetings, writers working with managers on developing new material, writers signed to UTA and Benderspink, and even a big spec sale, when manager Jake Wagner sold writer Brandon Barker’s script “Nottingham & Hood” to Disney for six figures.
“Coverage Ink is what started it all!,” enthuses Barker. “I cannot thank you guys enough. Major dream come true!” Special thanks to Jake Wagner from Benderspink for making it all happen.
A great manager is what every emerging writer needs. They work with you to develop and hone your material and craft, they introduce you to the town and partner you with producers and agents. In short, they are the key to breaking in. We want to present your material to them with a big, shiny “consider” from us.
Want in? We thought so.
HOW IT WORKS
- You submit your pilot or feature script to Coverage Ink for coverage during our Get Repped Now! period.
- If the reader rates your material a “consider” for script (roughly 5% of submissions) then it will automatically be elevated to the manager panel at the end of Get Repped Now! You will also have a chance to implement the notes from the coverage.
- All submissions will receive full screenplay analysis, so if you do not score a ‘consider’ for script, your coverage report will detail why and show you how to hopefully get it into the zone. You may then, if you desire, resubmit a revised draft for another round of coverage before the Get Repped Now! end date.
STANDARD COVERAGE COST: for features, for 1-hrs and for 1/2 hrs. This includes a very detailed coverage report analyzing every aspect of the screenplay. For more info please see our FAQ page .
- Jake Wagner (Benderspink)
• Micah Klatzker (Industry Entertainment)
• Kevin Steele (Magnet Management)
• Jeff Belkin (Zero Gravity)
• A representative from Madhouse Entertainment
That’s all there is to it. The door is open. If you’ve got the goods, you’ve got a real shot of getting a kick-ass manager and launching your writing career.
HOW TO ENTER:
1) Click the SUBMIT IT button:
2) Fill out the release form and the order form and then upload your screenplay or pilot. (Sorry, spec TV episodes are not accepted for Get Repped Now!)
3) You will receive a confirmation from us and a PayPal invoice from CI for the screenplay analysis.
4) You will receive your analysis back within 10-20 calendar days. Unfortunately, due to the volume of submissions, we cannot handle any rushes or semi-rushes during the Get Repped Now! promotion. Please note that if you are submitting near the deadline, the wait for coverage might be 30 days or even longer.
Considers will be sent to the manager panel at the end of Get Repped Now, with our recommendations and the coverage.
5) Script submissions that score below consider (‘Consider with Reservations’ and ‘Pass’) will not be forwarded, but you will have a solid road map for how to make your script rock in the form of a detailed, thoughtful and empowering script coverage report.
Good Luck, Everyone!
****** OFFICIAL RULES ******
- You may submit as many screenplays as you wish before the final midnight Get Repped Now! deadline.
- All scripts entered will receive full screenplay coverage from an experienced analyst from the Coverage Ink (CI) team.
- Only screenplays and teleplays that receive a ‘consider’ for script will be forwarded to the manager panel.
- Offer ends at 12:01 AM of the GRN! deadline.
- Offer only valid on screenplays submitted for coverage to Coverage Ink.com during GRN! period.
- Due to the volume of submissions, please allow 10-20 days or longer to receive your standard analysis back from CI. We will send you an estimated turnaround time when you submit.
- Offer open to everyone over the age of 18 worldwide where permitted.
- All genres are accepted.
- Feature scripts must be below 130 pages to qualify; TV pilots below 70 pages for a one-hour, or below 35 pages (single-spaced, single camera-style) or 55 pages (double spaced, multicamera style) for half-hours.
- Short film scripts, spec TV episodes of established shows, treatments and outlines, plays and manuscripts are not eligible.
- Screenplay and Teleplay submissions must be in industry standard format.
- Your screenplay must receive a ‘consider’ (or better) for script to qualify to be read by the panel. Scripts that receive a ‘consider’ for writer but do not receive a ‘consider’ (or better) for script will not be passed along.
- At the end of your screenplay coverage report, the script will be rated from ‘pass’ to ‘recommend’ for both script and writer. The ratings are:
- Consider With Reservations
- Strong Consider
- The vast majority of scripts are a ‘pass.’ That doesn’t mean they’re not any good; it generally just means there’s work to be done. Anything above ‘consider’ is rare.
- A ‘consider with reservations’ for script, while laudable, is not a ‘consider’ and thus doesn’t qualify. However, that often means you’re almost there — a little more elbow grease may do it.
- If your script receives a consider, please allow 4-6 weeks after the scripts are submitted to the panel to hear back. If they are interested, they will contact you directly. If they are not, Coverage Ink will get back to you with the reason they passed. What happens after that is up to them and to you.
- If your script receives a consider, you will have the ability to do a polish on the script based on the coverage before submitting to the manager panel. We strongly encourage you to do so.
- Coverage Ink is NOT entitled to compensation for any deals that may occur with your material. We are merely providing an introduction and validation. We are not attaching ourselves in any way.
- By participating in this offer, you agree to have your screenplay sent to our industry panelists for consideration for possible representation. If you do not wish to have your material sent out, just let us know.
- The decision of the Coverage Ink reader is final.
- The decision of whether or not to offer representation is up to the panel.
- Coverage Ink is not affiliated in any way with Zero Gravity, Magnet Management, Benderspink, Madhouse or Industry Entertainment.
- Coverage Ink team members, partners and associates are not eligible.
Since Since 2002, top-rated Coverage Ink has been a leading independent screenplay analysis/development service used by emerging writers, established scribes and management and production companies. Coverage Ink is currently in production on its first animated feature “Malevolent,” starring Morena Baccarin, Ray Wise and Bill Moseley. Follow us on Facebook and check out our blog!