GET REPPED NOW RETURNS!
OCT. 2 – NOV. 5, 2017
GOT A KICK-ASS FEATURE OR PILOT SCRIPT?
Welcome to Coverage Ink’s GET REPPED NOW, where we make careers happen and introduce you to the top literary managers in town. We’ve gotten dozens of writers read by our management panel, which has resulted in meetings, writers working with managers on developing new material, writers signed to UTA and Benderspink, and even a big spec sale, when manager Jake Wagner sold writer Brandon Barker’s script “Nottingham & Hood” to Disney for six figures.
“Coverage Ink is what started it all!” enthuses Barker. “I cannot thank you guys enough. Major dream come true!” Special thanks to Jake Wagner from Benderspink for making it all happen.
A great manager is what every emerging writer needs. They work with you to develop and hone your material and craft, they introduce you to the town and partner you with producers and agents. In short, they are the key to breaking in. We want to present your material to them with a big, shiny “consider” from us.
Want in? We thought so.
MEET OUR 2017 PANEL
- Jeff Belkin, Zero Gravity
- Micah Klatzker, Industry Entertainment
- Jake Wagner, Good Fear
- Lee Stobby, Stobby Entertainment
- Jesse Silver, Mindframe Films & Management
- Kendrick Tan, Madhouse Entertainment
- Michael Diamond, MGMT Entertainment
- Zach Cox, Circle of Confusion
If you’d like to read their bios, please click here.
If you’ve got the goods, you’ve got a real shot of getting a kick-ass manager and launching your writing career.
HOW IT WORKS
- You submit your pilot or feature script to Coverage Ink for coverage during our Get Repped Now! period.
- If the reader rates your material a “consider” for script (roughly 5% of submissions) then it will automatically be elevated to the manager panel at the end of Get Repped Now! You will also have a chance to implement the notes from the coverage.
- All submissions will receive full screenplay analysis, so if you do not score a ‘consider’ for script, your coverage report will detail why and show you how to hopefully get it into the zone. You may then, if you desire, resubmit a revised draft for another round of coverage before the Get Repped Now! end date.
STANDARD COVERAGE COST:
- $129 for features
- $99 for 1-hrs
- $89 for 1/2 hrs
This includes a very detailed coverage report analyzing every aspect of the screenplay.
For more info please see our Get Repped Now FAQ page.
Managers are writers’ not-so-secret weapon. While many emerging writers naively focus on getting an agent, the truth is that it’s the MANAGER who often gets you the agent. You don’t generally land agency representation until there’s some heat on you, and you’re a known quantity in town, or you’ve won some major kudos at a huge festival like Sundance or are a Nicholl Fellow (but even then, maybe not.)
Managers are the ones who work with you on draft after draft, developing your craft and getting the script where it needs to be. Agents just don’t have the time or interest. Managers generally have much smaller lists (say 10-25 clients,) while agents can have 70-80 clients. Do the math. Managers are the ones who strategize, put the team together, slip scripts to producers to start relationships and build the heat.
Most importantly, managers are more approachable. It’s their job to find and nurture emerging writers.
HOW TO ENTER
1) Between Oct. 2 – Nov. 5, 2017, click the SUBMIT IT button:
2) Fill out the release form/order form and then upload your screenplay or pilot. (Sorry, spec TV episodes are not accepted for Get Repped Now!)
3) You will receive a confirmation from us and a PayPal invoice from CI for the screenplay analysis. We’ll also tell you when you can expect your coverage back. Please note that our usual 10-day turnaround for standard coverage can be substantially longer during Get Repped Now, especially if you submit close to the deadline. We’ll email you a confirmation upon submission with your estimated coverage delivery date.
4) You will receive your analysis back. Unfortunately, due to the volume of submissions, we generally cannot handle any rushes or semi-rushes during the Get Repped Now! promotion.
Considers will be sent to the manager panel at the end of Get Repped Now, with our recommendations. We will also work with you to tighten and lock those submissions before sending them off to the panel.
5) Script submissions that score below consider (‘Consider with Reservations’ and ‘Pass’) will not be forwarded, but you will have a solid road map for how to make your script rock in the form of a detailed, thoughtful and empowering script coverage report.
Good Luck, Everyone!
Coverage Ink’s Jim Cirile and the Agents/Managers Hot Sheet – Live! Panel 2017
****** OFFICIAL RULES ******
- You may submit as many screenplays as you wish before the final midnight Get Repped Now! deadline (Nov. 5th, 2017.)
- You must be the writer/writers of your submission, or else have an option or legal right to submit the material.
- All scripts entered will receive full screenplay coverage from an experienced analyst from the Coverage Ink (CI) team. No screenplays are read by interns or students.
- Only screenplays and teleplays that receive a ‘consider’ for script will be forwarded to the manager panel. Scripts that receive a ‘consider’ for writer but do not receive a ‘consider’ (or better) for script will not be passed along. A “consider with reservations” is NOT a consider.
- Offer ends at 12:01 AM of the GRN! deadline (Nov. 5th, 2017.)
- Offer only valid on screenplays submitted for coverage to Coverage Ink.com during GRN! period.
- Due to the volume of submissions, please allow 10-20 days (or longer) to receive your standard analysis back from CI. We will send you an estimated turnaround time when you submit.
- Offer open to everyone over the age of 18 worldwide where permitted.
- All genres are accepted.
- Feature scripts must be below 130 pages to qualify; TV pilots below 70 pages for a one-hour, or below 35 pages (single-spaced, single camera-style) or 55 pages (double spaced, multi-camera style) for half-hours.
- Short film scripts, spec TV episodes of established shows, treatments and outlines, plays and manuscripts are not eligible for Get Repped Now (but we’re always happy to take a look!)
- Screenplay and Teleplay submissions must be in industry standard format.
- At the end of your screenplay coverage report, the script will be rated from ‘pass’ to ‘recommend’ for both script and writer. But only the “script” score counts towards Get Repped Now. The ratings are:
- Consider With Reservations
- Strong Consider
The vast majority of scripts are a ‘pass.’ That doesn’t mean they’re not any good; it generally just means there’s work to be done. Anything above ‘consider’ is pretty rare.
- A ‘consider with reservations’ for script, while laudable, is not a ‘consider’ and thus doesn’t qualify. However, that often means you’re almost there — a little more elbow grease may do it.
- Resubmissions: You are welcome to resubmit any script or pilot as many times as you like during Get Repped Now. We have several amazing clients who, in the past, started out with a “pass” for script, and then through incredible effort, utilizing the notes they received from Coverage Ink, revised the script, resubmitted by the deadline and got a “consider.” Resubmissions are $10 off, so be sure to tick the box to get the discount.
- If your script receives a consider, please allow a few weeks after the scripts are submitted to the panel to hear back. If they are interested, they will contact you directly. If they are not, Coverage Ink will get back to you with the reason they passed. What happens after that is up to them and to you.
- If your script receives a consider, you will have the ability to do a polish on the script based on the coverage before submitting to the manager panel. We strongly encourage you to do so.
- There will be one and only one extension to the Get Repped Now deadline, and it will be for Coverage Ink newsletter subscribers ONLY.
- Coverage Ink is NOT entitled to compensation for any deals that may occur with your material. We are merely providing an introduction and validation. We are not attaching ourselves in any way.
- By participating in this offer, you agree to have your screenplay sent to our industry panelists for consideration for possible representation. If you do not wish to have your material sent out, just let us know.
- The decision of whether or not to offer representation is up to the panel. There is no guarantee of any offer of representation.
- Coverage Ink is not affiliated in any way with any of the management companies whom the panelists work for.
- Coverage Ink team members, partners and associates are not eligible.
- The decision of the Coverage Ink reader is final.
Since Since 2002, top-rated Coverage Ink has been a leading independent screenplay analysis/development service used by emerging writers, established scribes and management and production companies. Coverage Ink is currently in production on its first animated feature “Malevolent,” starring Morena Baccarin, Ray Wise and Bill Moseley. Follow us on Facebook and check out our blog!